This coming Saturday those willing to brave the cold weather can walk/bike/jog across the new Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge.
Here’s information on Saturday’s events:
- 8 a.m. – 6K Run. Details on cost, where to meet and registration are available at: bigriverrunning.com/bridgerun.
- 10 a.m. – Cycling Time Trials. Space is limited. Details on cost, where to meet and registration are available at bigriverrunning.com/bridgerun. In addition, those interested can participate in the biathalon, which allows them to compete in both the 6K run and the cycling time trials.
- Noon – the bridge opens to the public.
- 2 p.m. – ribbon cutting ceremony.
- 3 p.m. – Ceremonial first crossing. Participating in the crossing is limited to various military and classic car groups. All available spots for the crossing are filled.
- 4 p.m. – The bridge closes to the public.
You must be registered to be on the bridge before noon. Additional information can be found at http://www.newriverbridge.org, including a shuttle bus from the Convention Center MetroLink. I’ll probably take a regular MetroBus.
Still hard to believe this day is almost here.
— Steve Patterson