I got the idea for the poll this week from the comments on the post from last Monday: Former River Roads Mall Site Vacant, the Few New Buildings Aren’t Pedestrian Friendly. One person thinks we have what we want, if we didn’t we’d move somewhere else.
I disagree, but I want to see how you feel about it. This week I ask that you select the sentence that comes closest to matching your view. Here are the options:
- We get the infrastructure in our communities that most of us want and use.
- We get the infrastructure that was commonplace years ago, but outdated today.
- We get the infrastructure that makes developers the most money.
- We get the infrastructure we want only if we fight for/demand better.
- We get the infrastructure we get because most people don’t know other options exist.
- Unsure/No Answer.
The poll, in right sidebar, will randomize the order in which these appear. Infrastructure in this context means the built environment: roads, sidewalks, parks, buildings, etc.
Discuss in the comments below.
— Steve Patterson